Avaya J189 IP Phone is a SIP-based phone for business communications. The phone supports 96 buttons. The primary display of the phone provides 96 buttons by scrolling or paging using the Navigation Cluster. Optionally, the phone supports up to two hardware button modules. The Secondary screen is the first effective button module. The phone supports up to 5 call appearances with two lines of call display.
Key Features and Benefits
- Supports optional J100 Wireless Module for WI-Fi connectivity and / or Bluetooth? headsets
- Delivers high definition audio that can increase productivity by reducing fatigue and provides easier-to understand and multi-party calls through the wideband audio codec in the handset and headset.
- 2 color displays available; Larger sized, higher resolution 5? screen main screen can be used in split screen mode.
- Simplifies call control on the display using softkeys for everyday functions such as transfer, conference and forwarding; also makes it easy to perform everyday tasks such as quick access to the corporate directory.
- Multiple line phone that provides visual cues that can speed task management through 10 dual-color Red / Green LED physical buttons on main screen, and 6 physical buttons on secondary screen.
- Improves flexibility through support of a secondary Gigabit Ethernet port for a PC.
- Enables high-speed call handling through support of up to two Avaya J100 Expansion Modules. Secondary screen effectively acts as the first Expansion Module.
- The handset has built in volume boost for hearing impaired to avoid having to purchase a separate amplified headset.
- Accommodates advanced unified communications solutions through Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- Supports reduced energy consumption and lower costs through Power-over-Ethernet Class 1 design with ?sleep mode?
- Display : Primary (larger) : 5.0? color, 800 x 480 pixel, Secondary : 2.3? Color, 160 x 240 pixel
- 10 physical buttons on main screen, 6 physical buttons on secondary screen (dual LEDs – red, green)
- 4 softkeys
- 2 USB ports (1 USB A, 1 USB C)
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Hard buttons for phone, end call, messages, contacts, history, home, navigation cluster, headset, speaker, volume, mute
- LEDs for speaker, mute, headset, message, history
- All 96 buttons are accessible, without a physical expansion module (on main screen, or secondary screen)
- J100 Expansion Modules Support – Secondary screen is the first effective Expansion Module – 2 hardware J100 Expansion Modules
- Wideband audio in handset and headset
- SuperWideBand RJ9 Headset
- Full duplex speakerphone
- SuperWideBand Full Duplex Handsfree
- Ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset (FCC 508 compliant) supports TTD acoustic coupler
- Message waiting indicator
- Mute indicator with optional mute alerting
- IC call alerting with 360-degree visibility
- Dual-position stand, optional wallmount stand
- Supports optional Bluetooth/W-iFi module
- Gigabit Ethernet (10 / 100 / 1000) line interface
- Secondary Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps)
- PoE Class (IEEE 802.3af) registers as class 1 device and supports 802.3az
- “Energy Star Certified” AC to 5 volt adapter
- Supports Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and H.323
- Standards-based codec support: G.722, Opus, Add G711, G729AB.